The Dill Pickle Large Saddlebag is inspired by the traditional British transverse-style bags, but with modern style and some extra features to maximize waterproofness, versatility, and longevity, not to mention looks! It’s constructed with two layers of waterproof fabric: 1000-denier coated Cordura nylon on the outside, which is sturdy and abrasion-resistant, and a lining of lighter nylon packcloth with an extra-thick waterproof coating. These fabrics are hard-wearing and fade-resistant, and on top of that are significantly lighter in weight than bags made of waxed or oiled canvas or leather. Like all Dill Pickle products, they’re made by hand in Medford, Massachusetts, USA.
The large saddlebag main compartment has a capacity of roughly 700 cubic inches or 11.5 liters when full, but not stuffed, not counting any of the exterior pockets. Overall, it’s about 11.5″ wide, 8.5″ high, and 7.5″ deep. Still not sure how big that is? Check here.
Standard features include:
- Extra lash points on the top for a pump, wet clothing, or anything that doesn’t fit inside
- The lid has contoured sides which help keep the lining skirt dry
- Reflective strips for visibility
- Multiple attachment points on the bottom to reduce swaying regardless of how the bag is mounted
- “Floating” lining to help keep water out
- Options include two types of side pockets, reachable while riding, large enough for a jacket or water bottle; two types of rear pockets; interior pockets; mesh lid pocket; brevet card pocket in the lid; extendable lid flap for over-stuffing; your choice of colors; and more.
- These bags are also, of course, fully customizable. If you want a special dedicated pocket for your dyno-powered espresso machine, or you want to match your custom paint job, or any other special configuration, just ask!To order your bag, built to your specifications, click here. To see what’s in stock and ready to ship, click on “Now In Stock.”
If you have any questions, click on “Contact” or use the form below.
Questions, comments, requests, orders, anything else: