Graphical "Configurator" coming soon, but you can still order in the meantime!
Dill Pickle touring panniers feature the same sturdy, lightweight, rain-proof construction as the saddlebags. Like the saddlebags, they have a floating lining constructed as a separate piece to keep the water out, and a zipper in the lining so you can get in between the layers to make repairs if needed. Choose from three sizes and two attachment styles.
The Large panniers are really, really large. If you just can't leave home without the kitchen sink, these are for you! They hold at least 36 liters. They have a corrugated plastic backing with wood reinforcement where the hooks are, plus corrugated plastic running all the way around the sides and bottom, so they hold their shape well and stay stable. I actually used one of these as my daily commuting bag for a number of years, and I dumped all kinds of heavy stuff in it and it's still going strong.
NOTE!!: The Large panniers are NOT symmetrical! They have one angled side to help ensure sufficient heel clearance. So, you have to pick which side of the bike the pannier will be mounted on.
When configuring the rest of the pockets, "left" and "right" refer to what you are looking at if you are standing facing the bike, on the same side as the pannier. In other words, a pocket on the left side of the pannier will face the FRONT of the bike if the pannier is on the LEFT side of the rack; the same pocket will face the REAR of the bike if the pannier is on the RIGHT side.
For size reference, the first image below is of a 54cm bike wearing Small panniers in front and Medium panniers in back. The second image is of the same bike with Small panniers in front and Large panniers in back. I don't even want to think about how much it weighed that day!
If you select the "Mirror Image Pair" option along with entering a quantity of 2 when you add the pannier to your cart, a feature you specified on the left side will be on the left on one pannier and on the right on the other, so as to face the same direction when the panniers are on the bike.
Approximate Capacity* and Dimensions not including exterior pockets:
• Small: 11.5 liters / 700 cubic inches; 14" high x 9.5" wide x 5.5" deep / 35.5cm x 24cm x 12.5 cm
• Medium: 17 liters / 1040 cubic inches; 15.5" x 10.5" x 6.5" / 39.5cm x 26.5cm x 16.5 cm
• Large: 36 liters / 2200 cubic inches; 16" x 14" x 8" / 40.5 cm x 35.5 cm x 20cm
Choose Jandd pannier hooks or Arkel pannier hooks. Jandd hooks are simple, basic, sturdy plastic-coated hooks that will fit most racks. Arkel hooks are heavier and bulkier, but they are easily adjustable to fit different racks and have an automatic locking cam system that makes getting them off and securely on again a piece of cake.
• Side Shock Cord Pocket (specify right or left): Standard Dill Pickle pocket with shock cord cinching the top is perfectly sized for water bottles, rain jackets, or even beverages in to-go cups if you are careful. These pockets sit high enough on the side of the pannier that they usually should not cause heel clearance issues, so they work well when facing forward on a rear-mounted bag because you can reach them while riding.
• Side Zippered Pocket: Long exterior pocket with a zipper fits pump, tools, tent stakes, etc. Best for the rear-facing side of a rear-mounted pannier, due to heel clearance.
• Side D-rings: These let you attach other items to the side of the pannier. They're particularly good for the rear-facing side of a rear-mounted pannier, for carrying long items like tent poles, fishing rods, or sleeping pads that otherwise don't fit neatly inside the bag. Not recommended on the front-facing side on bikes with shorter chainstays.
• Exterior Mesh Pocket: Particularly good for wet jackets, shoes, etc.
• Zig-zag shock cord: Another way of attaching stuff that is wet or dirty, or won't fit inside, or that you want quick access to
• Zippered Lid Pocket: Pocket is accessed from the under-side of the lid to keep water and dirt out of the zipper. It's a good place for wallet, cell phone, maps, or other small essentials.
• Interior Mesh Pockets: Breathable mesh pockets on the front and/or back inside surfaces help organize your load.
* Capacity is approximate because you can actually over-stuff them fuller than this, but the numbers give you a general idea.
Design Your Own Touring Pannier - Large size
- Brands Apple
- Product Code: Large Pannier
- Availability: In Stock
- 2 or more $195.00